Our training and consultancy services are tailored to meet the needs of specific organisations. All sessions are discussion-based, interactive, practical and focus on the development issues for each group.
Building Better Boards offers: Core Governance Training Workshops Board Development Extension Courses Facilitated Board Retreats Policy analysis and development Workplace training for managers and team leaders Core Governance Training for Nonprofit Boards Two programs are offered: A typical Full Day Program (6 hours) includes –
- Part 1: The effective Nonprofit Board
- Part 2: Key roles and responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards
- Part 3: Board development plans
- A typical Short Program (4 hours – morning, afternoon or evening sessions) covers the same material in less detail and with fewer examples for practical work and discussion.
Board Development Extension Courses 4 hour morning, afternoon or evening sessions extend Board Members’ understanding of key issues in nonprofit governance and management. These include:
- Legal and ethical issues for nonprofit Boards
- Developing Board policies
- Financial management for non-accountant Board members
- Strategic planning for nonprofit organisations
- Board assessment and succession planning
- Assessing and supporting your CEO
- Being involved in resource development activities
- Chairing the board – skill development for current and future chairs
- Facilitated Board Retreats
A number of workshops and other activities can be combined to form a comprehensive agenda for a weekend Board retreat and Board development program.
A review of the board’s performance can be incorporated into a retreat program, or at a time to suit your organisation. Policy analysis and development We offer assistance in designing your organisation’s policy framework.
We can also review and develop appropriate policies, especially those that relate to Board issues.
Workplace training for managers and team leaders
Our services include management mentoring and coaching, as well as training in areas such as staff supervision, performance appraisal, developing measurable work plans, establishing peer learning groups and self-managed teams.
Sallie Saunders (Director)
Mobile: 0419 474 775
Email: [email protected]
Sallie’s work is informed by over 37 years involvement in nonprofit organisations as a worker, ‘management committee’ member, board member and researcher and 5 years of public sector employment. Sallie worked for 13 years as an academic at the University of Technology, Sydney where she was a senior lecturer in adult education and nonprofit governance and management in the Faculties of Education and Business. She consults with many nonprofit organisations nationally and was co-convenor of the Building Better Boards National Conferences.