Better Boards is pleased to present "Directors' Duties: Lessons from the past to guide future conduct" in partnership with Victor Hamit, Lawyer at Wentworth Lawyers.
It is said that those who fail to learn the lessons from mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat those mistakes. Another saying often attributed to Einstein is that the definition of insanity is doing exactly the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Directors’ and Committee Members’ duties to their organisations (both companies limited by guarantee and incorporated associations).
- “But we are only volunteers!” is not an excuse!
- Past and recent court decisions which provide practical guidance.
- How to avoid potential liability.
- Step by step practical tips to meet your obligations but to be a more productive and valuable Board/Committee Member.
- How to develop and implement effective compliance to achieve organisational strategy.
About the Presenter
Victor is a commercial lawyer and Principal Director of Wentworth Lawyers Pty Ltd, providing practical commercial advice to NFPs, SMEs and publicly listed companies. Victor is recognised as one of Australia’s most experienced tax advisers to the NFP community clubs movement, having advised clubs from local community clubs to major professional league clubs. He also advises major peak bodies on taxation issues and submissions to government, Treasury and the Australian Taxation Office. Victor also has extensive experience as a Director and Chairman of for profit and NFP organisations.Pricing
Included when you join BoardWise.(Plus ongoing access to the webinar, on BoardWise, for as long as you are a member)
Become a BoardWise member and get this webinar free as part of your membership.
BoardWise is an on-demand professional development platform tailored to the requirements of not-for-profit boards and directors.
Access to over 100 hours of video based learning
Live Webinars (like this one)
The best ticket price for the Better Boards Conference
Track your director professional development activities